now browsing by author
With the rains come an entirely different set of issues that might affect your house. Mold is a homemaker’s nightmare! From brown to green dirty, mold and mildew, mold comes in different shades of color.
Eliminating mold is no simple feat, so here are some home remedies to get rid of mildew and mold in the home.
Eliminate mold spots
To get rid of mold and mildew, check out this list of natural and non-toxic homemade remedies and try them at home.
1- White vinegar
This liquid is not just helpful for improving the taste of your dishes, but remove stains and it also cleans mold. Use undiluted white vinegar and spray it on the moldy areas. It gets rid of it in seconds and all you need to do it wipe the mold that is dead with a sponge or a cloth.
2- Distilled ethanol
Distilled ethanol is particularly helpful to get rid of black mold frequently found on the bathroom floor. It even wards off the musty mold odor and protects your family from the various mold allergies that may pose serious health problems. It’s quick, effective and readily accessible. Alcohol is one of the best-known homemade remedies for removing mildew and mold.
3- Hydrogen peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a non-toxic, safe, but efficient solution for curing mold and fungus in the home. Spray concentrated hydrogen peroxide on the moldiest surface and leave it for a while, then scrub the area to remove the growth.
4- Tea tree oil
Tea tree oil even fights the mold odor and is a practical solution for mold removal in the bathroom along with other damp areas. The good thing about it is it’s absolutely safe and non-toxic. This fungicide is one of the best homemade remedies for getting rid of the mold growth. It’s readily available in any pharmacy and can tackle the most toughest of mold and mildew very economically.
Your swimming pool is one place that is likely to have mold. Mold in a backyard swimming pool looks untidy and has an unpleasant odor. But you don’t have to put up with it as swimming pool can be easily cleaned. Of course, if you happen to have already purchased the best automatic pool vacuum you can afford then it’s unlikely you will have a mold problem! If not, here are some ideas:
Clean it yourself
First, you’ll need to drain the water from the pool, to start cleaning the mold from your swimming pool. It is easier to work in an environment where you don’t have to battle with water splashing.
Second, the water will redistribute the mold and other parts of the pool are likely to get moldy too.
The cheapest way is to roll up your sleeves and to scrub your pool until all the mold is gone and your pool is sparkling. Another alternative is to use a pool cleaning chlorine that kills mold. Make sure you purchase a product designed specifically to clean pools.
Hire a professional
Depending on how bad the mold in your pool is, you might want to hire a pool cleaner to do the job properly. Cleaning mold from swimming pools can be a bit of a marathon – you need time and patience.
Of course, it depends on how big your pool is. Imagine trying to clean a pool yourself that’s the size of a football field, like this pool.
Maybe you might want to leave it to the professionals? I don’t blame you!
If you’ve found a problem spot in your house where mold seems to be having a party and inviting its buddies you need to take action fast!
Mold is a killer that can ruin carpet, tiling, ceiling or the framework of your home. It’s also harmful to your health and is the reason for disorders and allergies.
Even if you have a spotless home and yard there’s certain to be mold hiding somewhere. Just because you cannot see it, does not mean it isn’t there.
Found a strange odor? It might be the cat or it might be mold. Hiding spots for mold include in crawl spaces where there is very still air and in leaking roofs and swimming pools.
Mold is connected to numerous major ailments that extend far beyond the allergy, including cot death, miscarriage, Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome, multiple sclerosis and cancer.
There are over 10 different kinds of mold – hopefully you don’t have a number of those in your home. The most common are hay mold, which as the name implies affects individuals that are suffering from allergies, pathogenic mold that could cause health problems like bacteria pneumonia, and toxigenic mold, the worst form which may affect everybody.
Anything from wood and paper, to leather and fabric, paint and cement, to tiles and carpet are susceptible to mold. As long as there’s plenty of food around, and a lot of humidity, the mold will be feasting.
Mold at home isn’t limited to the bathroom, attic, basement or connected to water damage. ANYWHERE where there’s water might help aid the growth of mold.
Have you heard of black mold? Did you realize it could be poisoning your household? Black mold is especially dangerous to older people and young kids.
There are medical issues that might occur with exposure bronchitis in addition to other respiratory problems, irritations and skin rashes, loss of memory and even ear infections and sinus infections, body aches and pains.
Symptoms of black mold
Some signs of vulnerability are itchy eyes, dizziness, sore throat and headaches. Since these are also signs of allergies, it’s sometimes not diagnosed to be black mold toxicity mold right away.
To babies, this could be hazardous as toxicity black mold exposure can be fatal. One serious condition which has been associated with black toxicity mold in babies is a pulmonary hemorrhage.
This causes bleeding from the lungs of the infant. In individuals, a small quantity of mold can cause permanent health issues that are serious.
How to spot black mold
The first indication that you have a mold problem may be a musty odor around the home.
Black mold is slimy and black. Mold grows anywhere where there are humid places. If you suspect a mold problem in some areas, you could check drawers and kitchen cupboards, closets and under the sink (especially if for a leak). Bear in mind that not all mold is toxic but any mold you suspect may be toxic needs to be eliminated right away.
How to get rid of black mold
You can try a black mould test kit to test around your house yourself or you might like to hire a professional mold buster to visit your home.
If you go the DIY route you’ll have to determine what’s causing the problem to be able to come up along with an action plan.
If the mold is growing because of high moisture within your home, you’ll have to lower the humidity. The very best way to achieve this is to buy a dehumidifier and install it in your home. The cost of a typical dehumidifier is between $200 and $500.